Kahrs Woodloc 5s- cut out and replace board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Kahrs Woodloc 5s engineered wood floor, it's very good except in one location at the end, where it is a bit bouncy. I think the concrete base was not completely flat here and has a dip.

I was thinking of cutting out a board, building up the subfloor, and replacing with a new floorboard. There are instruction on how replace a board on the Kahrs website, so it should be possible.
Does anyone have any experience with doing this? Is the replacement board at all compromised?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Depending on how deep the dip is, adding underlay might suffice. You will have to take up the flooring from the nearest wall or other boundary, so potentially quite a few boards. Kahrs and other manufacturers change the width of their engineered boards from time to time so make sure the replacement is the same width, most suppliers will provide a sample board.

Blup

The board I want to remove/replace is short and at the end, which is convenient. I also have extra boards from when it was laid, so should be ok with the width.

Have you experience with cutting out and replacing woodloc 5s boards? Are the replacement boards compromised at all? Do they ever come loose or come unglued? I'm trying to decide what's worse- living with the springy board, or living with a repair job?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back