Karcher motor not switching off with the water flow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
been trawling through a fair few threads and not finding anything with the same symptoms, so apologies if it's been covered before. Picked up a used lightweight B102 in a bid to not have to drag out the the old faithful K2 (which is still going strong after many years) to clean the car. Anyhow, the B102 cleaned up nicely. However switch the unit on and the motor comes straight on, without the water flowing. Use the trigger water comes out under pressure, release the trigger water stops and motor keeps running until its switched off. Use the trigger and you get a flow of water switch on unit and flow becomes pressured. Not investigated under the covers as yet, just researching if there is any point (cheap unit no replaceable parts). Not a show stopper by any means, if it can be fixed diy style, it would be a bonus.

Sponsored Links
According to the manual (Download for free). Pull trigger until water flows THEN turn power on and it also says to turn power off manualy, so might it be working correctly?

That could well be mystery solved, many thanks for the prompt reply. I did find a manual as I was looking for the part nos for the O ring on the pressure line but do confess to not reading through it, as I was then assuming it was supposed to work the same as my other one.

Sponsored Links
Been using this little unit a fair bit now, fairly early on it became apparent that the 4m hose was restrictive. I've since bought a s/h 6m hose which had a trigger and an extension included. The extension although looking the same as the one I already have differs, the lugs are smaller @12mm as opposed to all the other accessories I have being 18mm, does the black insert colour help identifying it? The trigger will accept either extension but this second extension seems of little use at the moment as it will only accept the smaller lugs at the other end. Appreciate it if someone could throw some light on this for me please.
IMG_1050.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1050.jpg
    IMG_1050.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 73

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back