Karizma Plus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve got a Karizma plus panel with about 8 detectors and 2 keys pads
following a reboot the system now sticks on *System Init* then goes to *System Busy* if I start pressing keys on the keypad.

Does anyone have any advice on how to get the panel working again? It would save a lot of money on a new panel and the rewiring if I wanted to move it away from the iD based system

Any help gratefully received
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Other than a factory reset (I believe this involves linking two terminals together and re-booting but you'd have to consult the manual for the exact procedure)

Was there anything specific that prompted the reboot originally? I presume the battery is in good order as faulty ones can cause strange problems. May be worth disconnecting any powered devices and connecting up just a single keypad to test the system with.

Failing that, the most cost effective way of getting up and running again would be to replace the panel and keypads with a Texecom Premier with an iD expander. You can utilise the existing wiring and detectors/sounders at least.

Thanks I’ll give a re-set a go

Original prompt for restart was refurbishments at the property which meant power had to be lost at the panel, battery was disconnected so the panel could be moved slightly as part of this refurb but all the cables are still intact

Thank you for coming back to me, I’ll give your suggestions a try and if not it looks like a Texecom is the way to go!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back