keep the Impaq w sensors or add 8xp expander to Premier elite 24 advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi:)

pretty much have all my wired stuff working now and can connect/setup via wintex/connect etc.

i'm using all 8 wired panel zones, and will be using x4 zones from the 2 RKP's.

i also have a 8xp w expander installed to eventually use with the smartkeys i've bought, so i thought i'd use some ricochet impaq w plus sensors as shock & contact devices on x4 locations.

to cut a long story short i've basically bought the wrong sensors, the ones i have are only wireless contacts as below. i wanted shock sensors and the contact was going to be a bonus.

anyway after playing about with sites around the doors the bulky wireless contacts don't look great and getting the reed switch & magnet to make is nigh on impossible due to the upvc doors having rounded edges.

i think i have 2 options:

sell the impaq wireless sensors and purchase a wired zone expander the 8xp, run 6/8 core cable from my control panel up stairs to an accessible location, then run all my new shock/contact sensors from that, dropping down above the doors.

if i do get another wired 8 zone expander will i be able to use all the zones?

or

looking at the wireless sensors they can have external devices installed to them, could i mount the sensors in more appealing locations, then connect up a shock and contact sensor to that zone?

any recommendations on shock/contact sensors that work well with upvc for either option?

what do you think??

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
the micro contact is a contact only and the micro shock(release delayed) is just a shock. I hear there are plans and Texecom are testing a micro shock and contact but no idea when that will be released.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back