Keeping in heat - any ideas

What is the size of the room, and what is the size of the radiator?

Is the radiator fully hot all over? Top, bottom, middle and sides?

When you close the blind, how much does it help?

Sponsored Links
Obviously you cannot do much in someone else's house but if that radiators a single panel, as it looks to me, then you could swap it for a double.

Obviously you cannot do much in someone else's house but if that radiators a single panel, as it looks to me, then you could swap it for a double.

If the radiator is getting hot, then a cheap quick fix - would be a slow running fan, blowing air across the radiator.

As it was probably used as a loft before conversion, there may be insulation under your floorboards. This will be blocking any heat coming up from the lower rooms. Removing it may allow some heat to rise into your room but, you may lose some sound insulation from below.
Definitely heavy lined thermal curtains across the window. That blind will allow heat to escape around all the edges.

Sponsored Links
As it was probably used as a loft before conversion
Purpose built from the first photos, I'm afraid.
Screenshot_20230302-204115_Chrome.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back