Keeping Tap Backnuts tight...?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I work in commerical kitchens sometimes and I find that no matter how tight I do tap backnuts up, eventually they get very greasy and work loose (they take quite a hammering from the kitichen staff too).

I'm cautious about using a thread lock seal, bcos eventually, the taps will need replacing( theyre lasting about 2 years on average!). Is there a particularly weak thread lock I can use, or another top tip for keeping backnuts tight, without making it a major job to remove the tap when the time comes!

Tar!!

ps already using brass backnuts and top hats...

Sponsored Links
you need "fix a tap" come in a pair and available from most merchants around £3 "once used always used" never had a tap come loose ever when using these.

are the taps on flexi's or hard piped? I hate flexi's and cut them out as soon as i find them, still end up coming lose sometimes as kitchen staff tend to hammer them.

Sponsored Links
The KP`s tend to get hammered themselves too :LOL: bunch of P*** artists

HI

i prefer mixer taps their backnuts stay tight .better than single taps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back