Replacement Tap Heads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I keep getting jobs to look at knackered tap heads (usually the ceramic lever types - and normally it's the teeth at the top of the cartridge that's worn). I can pick up a set of cheap lever taps for about a tenner so I usually end up just replacing either the whole tap, or just the cartridge / head.

My question is, to save money, does anyone know where I can pick up just the heads / cartridges from somewhere. I'm fast accumulating a load of tap bodies (from new taps, that I've taken the heads off) that I know I'll never use, and it seems like such a waste!

Thanks in advance :)

Oh and also - does anyone know if it's possible to change the direction in which the valve closes? I had to swap out a tap today, and the lever ended up going in the opposite direction to the other, working tap
:rolleyes: Looked, well stupid, obviously. I don't fancy fiddling with the ceramic discs bcos I know how easily they scratch!! :oops:

Cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back