Kent Council Clamping HGVs: No Warning Signs: Fair?

Sponsored Links
First one parked on pavement, fair...

The others not so...

of course you could always call for...

Always thought clamping a stupid idea.

A vehicle is parked where it should not.

Let's prevent it moving and make sure it stays there longer than it otherwise would.

Sponsored Links
I think the issue of signage is a big one here.

Strategically placed signs?

How are you expected to spot those when they may be miles away from the area you park in?

Man City Council have a sign on a road approaching Oxford Road saying no left turn for cars, but there is only one and the chances of clocking it are not all that great. But of course they are raking in thousands of pounds in fines every year.

As an ex resident of Kent I have some knowledge of the restriction. It was well publicised when it was introduced, there are signs in lay-bys and on affected roads etc. The problem is that truckers using the ferries and tunnel use any available space to park. Residential streets, industrial estates, lay-bys such that it can be difficult even get around.

They generally ignore double yellow lines in quieter areas where they wont get nabbed, double park, obstruct lines of site near entrances etc and mostly because they dont want to pay at a truck stop. They also leave rubbish, excrement and bottles of yellow liquid dotted around.

I know they have to have somewhere to park but fairs fair.

"The new powers will come into effect on January 1, just at the time when Brexit congestion is expected to see HGVs queue up on roads across the region."

No sh*t sherlock!

"Even though we've worked hard on the traffic management plans with our partners, there may well be a certain amount of freight turned back from the Port of Dover, Eurotunnel, or from the Manston or Sevington sites, if border paperwork is not in order. If this is the case, Heavy Goods Vehicles (HGVs) are expected to return to their base of operation, but some may just move onto the local road network and wait to become border ready."

What if their 'base of operation' is the other side of the country?

The fuel alone for a return trip would be more than the driver's pre-brexit yearly EU contribution...

And what if the goods are perishable?

I suppose they could go here and help bugger up aspects of other people's lives...

Brexit lorry park 'ruins night sky' for Kent residents

Brexit - the gift that keeps on giving (n)

Isn't this a Brexit problem? Lots of lorries in Kent with nowhere to go. Thought the government had built a solution.

Well, Blojo promised 'sunlit uplands'. Unfortuntely it turned out to be a very brightly lit Brexit lorry park in Kent. :ROFLMAO:

newFile-1.jpg

Sponsored Links
Back