Keston C36 no hot water but central heating ok - HELP!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

I have a Keston C36 combi (after reading reviews I know they do cause a lot of issues!). It's recently stopped producing hot water for the taps/shower although the central heating still works fine. I tried turning the pressure taps underneath and it did work again for about 30 minutes then went cold.

I don't have a manuel so am loath to mess around with it, when I pressed the reset button it came up with error E01. This means that the pilot light has failed to light.

It is now also showing e40.
Any help or advice would be massively appreciated as cold showers are not much fun!

Cheers
Tom

Sponsored Links
Ok the e40 seems to be because I've put in excess water, just got the manual. Still no idea on what to do to get hot water, any help?!

A failed upper pcb will make them sometimes not give got water, then no hot water, but you have to look at the flow switch and diverter valve first, and the temp sensor....

Sponsored Links
Bin it Kestons are absaloute ****e, not my opinion, it is FACT, take them to court for making such pieces of **** and then charging the earth for spares fitted a HE on 1 the other day nearly £1000, plus selas, electrode etc etc awful, awful, awful, awful

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back