Keston C55p

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, hope you're all well.

I'm having some issues with a Keston C55p (I know I know, it's a Keston and that's fault number 1!) I got called out to it last week and it was showing fault codes relating to flue overheat/thermal fuse. Further investigation showed a melted pcb due to the burner gasket had decided to disintegrate, a common problem.
I replaced the pcb and gasket and also the flue stat, fired the boiler and it ran for 5-10mins until it locked out showing flue overheat. It seems that the heat isn't being transferred to the water through the heat exchanger resulting in excessive flue gas temperatures. I have tried to clean the heat exchanger but not having much luck, so I was wondering if anyone had come across this before and managed to clean the heat exchanger successfully as they're £780ish to buy!
Thanks for your time and any suggestions welcome!
Paul
Gas safe reg: 550147

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back