Keston Celcius 25 HW fault causing vibrations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boiler recently serviced, has never had any issues. 5 years old. With hot water tank. Have recently bled all radiators.

It comes on three times during the day for 30 mins each. temperature setting on boiler is half way.

Since the last service it sparks up fine but makes these terrible vibration sounds 5 or 10 minutes into the cycle. At the same time you can hear alot of water flow in the boiler.

At this time the water flow LED (RED) flashes fast (5Hz).

The manual states in fault finding 5.1 that this means:

If this occurs consideration should be given to regulating valves on the system to restrict system flow rates

Can anyone recommend how I can go about actioning this? Many thanks in advance.

Descritpion of fault finding below:

http://www.keston.co.uk/assets/pdf/Discontinued/Celsius-25-manual.pdf

(5) The boiler will automatically and continuously adjust its power output and pump speed to best match the demands of the system at any time. In the event the boilers integral pump cannot maintain sufficient boiler water flow to disperse the heat generated the red pump LED will flash slowly (1Hz). If this occurs any system restriction should be cleared. If this persists due to an abnormally high system resistance consideration should be given to an additional system pump. In the event the boilers integral pump cannot reduce the water circulation to ensure the most efficient transfer of heat to the system water the red pump LED will flash rapidly (5Hz). If this occurs consideration should be given to regulating valves on the system to restrict system flow rates

Sponsored Links
After bleeding the radiators did you locate the system filling loop and reset the system pressure to 1-00 Bar?? I suspect you have a shortage of water in the system which is effecting circulation ;)

Hi There, good suggestion, but yes I did check the pressure and it was still at 1.5, it didn't change...

I spoke to keston today who suggested the following:

- there mau be air inside the boiler? autoairvent sticking? problem with water (flow?) pressure? blockage behind diaphram.

not too sure which ones to check if I can check myself :)

Sponsored Links
Hi There, good suggestion, but yes I did check the pressure and it was still at 1.5, it didn't change...

After bleeding rads the pressure should reduce!

Did you ever consider that the gauge might be stuck ?

Suppose you add a little water and watch the gauge go up ( or not ! ) ?

Tony

Yes, I topped it up a little to ensure the needle moved and it did :) the boiler fuse blew yesterday, not sure if it is related to this or not, which I replaced with another 13A fuse.

Still giving the vibration noises and negotiating with the people who serviced it to get them back round to do the job properly this time.

Absaloutly awful awful awful boiler, doesnt help with your fault but thought i would let you know, also make sure your twin flue is MUPVC and not PVC like loads

I know it's not the best boiler but it came with the property and is only 5 years old and has never before had any issues until it was 'serviced'.

it had a 13a fuse in there, so replaced like for like. i checked the manual and looks like you are right - 3A!

everything works and it heats ok, apart from this vibrations sound and feel midway through cycle. it then just starts up and works / heats normally again. i can feel air pumping in and out of the outer boiler case when it does the vibration noise.

this turned out to be a gas valve adjustment issue and when the boiler was on low, once this was adjusted (not enough gas coming through) the issue went away and it is functioning ok. not before numerous parts replaced!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back