Kewtech KT62

Sponsored Links
It has all the functionality but it is clunky. I have also found them to be unreliable (switch failures)

A cliche admittedly but its hard to beat Megger and Fluke. Especially if you are doing lots of testing. I personally do not like multifunctional instruments. I prefer to have a multimeter incorporating insulation resistance then have loop impedance/PFC and RCD tests in another. I find it impractical to use a large multifunctional for diagnostics work especially if you have to crawl into narrow spaces with it.

I take on board that you want it for new circuits and CU changes but you probably need something else for everyday diagnostics.

I like Kewtech but having a ramp test facility is very useful.

Perhaps a second hand better machine would be better.

How long is a piece of string?

Which multimeter?

I know, I know ...

But the KT62 seems good value for money, and would appear to do all of the tests required for new circuits / CU change?

Any thoughts about it?

http://www.test-equipment-direct.co...wtech-kt62l-5in1-multifunction-tester[/QUOTE]

I have the KT64 - do a comparison and you will find a couple of differences - already mentioned is the ramp test but I also think the K62 does not have the anti trip facitlity.

Sponsored Links
doni,
Are looking for quality, price, ease of use or value for money?
If a combo of all
Might be worth taking a punt on ebay for one of these.
1552MFT 1
1552MFT 2
Both look in good nick, £35 for calibration and got yourself a good MFT

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Nice prices at the moment - I wonder what they'll end up at?

doni - if you want to go for them, don't forget to snipe... ;)

Nice prices at the moment - I wonder what they'll end up at?

doni - if you want to go for them, don't forget to snipe... ;)
Will have to wait and see what final bid price ends up at.
I don't think they are available from new now, but I think they would be about £530-£550 BN.
They look in good order and if the prices don't move much more than £50-£60, worth a punt. They are good easy to use meter.

Sniping/powersniping. I have read you can get programs that do that for you automatically.

OK - thanks.

I have taken a look at the 1552 videos on youtube and it looks pretty straightforward.

Perhaps a good second user Megger might be better - the "completed" listings on ebay suggest that they might fetch up to £400, which is still cheaper than the new KT62.

There are a nice meter.
Have all the test you need to perform your standard tests.
No trip and hi trip for Ze/Zs and PFC.
Auto RCD test too.
Plug in adaptor and the probes will fit in to the socket kewtech and socket and see adaptors for R1,R2 and Rn tests
I like them and would recommend without a second thought.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
I'd always go for megger (or fluke) over kewtek

Alphatek would be a good 'halfway' house between the two, but their newer stuff tries to be over clever and complicates stuff (the function to input the breaker type and size in and have the MFT tell you pass or fail isn't really a great deal of use)

Thanks PrenticeBoy.

Just got the megger for £390 and bought "one of them" just a minute ago.

No problems doni happy to be of assistance.
when bought brand new this model came with CD manual and a quick start instruction card. Not sure if the one you bought had that listed on ebay.

This is what you have just purchased
http://nihs.co.uk/datasheet/MFT1552.pdf

This is the quick start guide, hope you can view it, as it's from megger website and should be registered to get it, but lets see!
http://www.megger.com/common/documents/MFT1500_2_6172-913_QS_en_V03.pdf[/QUOTE]

I still have the CD, and if needs be could run you a copy off and send it to you. If I can? Bl00dy useless at that stuff.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back