key meter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a key meter for the eletric, about a month ago i noticed the display saying how much you have left ect was off. so rang them up saying bla bla .. they sed ring back when eletric goes off.. as cant get a engineer out till then.. its been a month now and i know for deff if it had been working ok ..the eletric would of needed a top up weeks ago.. so i got 2 options ..first..ring them back saying i rang about amonth ago stating that the battery in the meter went off and cant see how much i have left ..( i know would be nothing ) or say nothing and get free eletric.. but if i do that ..will they bill me once the new battery is replace..or will it show how much i have used sice the battery is dead

Sponsored Links
I would ring them. As tempting as it is to get 'free electricity' they will find out, and even if the meter isn't registering usage, they will be able to calculate, based on past usage how much you would likely have used and then give you a big bill / have it take an amount out each time you top up

Honesty is always the best policy

aye thats what i thought..but saying that i only going off what the lass said.. so am not in the wrong..its there coxk up. i could play dumb and say i was waiting for it to go off :cool:

Sponsored Links
Not bad! I miss sofus and moz! I've stopped posting on here while drunk these days :LOL:

Often it's much better to deal with big orgnisations by writing letters. It's slower but it leaves a paper trail and is harder to ignore/fob off.

I'd say write something along the following lines.

*name, address, account number etc*

On *date* the display on my key meter failed leaving me unable to see how much electricity I had left or top-up. I called on *date* to report this and was told to wait until the power went off and then call again.

However a month later (more than enough time for the credit on the key to run down normally) the power is still on.

Please log this fault and advise on

1: the procedure for arranging and apointment to get your faulty equipment fixed.
2: the procedure for reconciling the account once the equipment is fixed.

Good advice, but I'd be tempted to add the name of the person to whom you spoke on the telephone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back