Off peak and key meters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know if it's possible to get a key metered off peak electricity supply? And would it run in conjunction with existing key meter or could a teleswitch be used so only need to have one key meter?

A number of properties I've been asked to look at seem to have had key meters installed recently (they're tenanted) and it looks like this has 'removed' the off peak supply to the storage heaters - now becoming a problem as the weather turns chilly!

Thanks in advance

SB

Sponsored Links
Yes you can.
When I lived in a flat 2 years ago it had E7 on a prepay meter.
Everything was built into the main meter. No separate timeswitch

Main Display was the credit and what rate it was running at
Then you cycled through for prices and readings

Yes you can get key meters for your off peak lecky (I fit them), 5 terminal instead of the four (internal contactor).
Guess I don't fit that many as pre payment on a system using many units is hard to keep topped ?
Give me a few minutes and I can get the exact meter code..... :)

Yeah I remember our first night in our old flat.
It ate £3 on the first night. Luckily once they had stored up heat it only ate £2 a night :eek:

Sponsored Links
Thanks newboy - if you can get the part code that would be great - I'm in an EDF area BTW

Thanks newboy - if you can get the part code that would be great - I'm in an EDF area BTW
Sorry for late reply, been busy!
My area is all UU and we fit ACTARIS meters, like this one(4 term+auxiliaries for contactor) but 5 terminal when off peak needs a 25mm tail(sticks out at front). 5 and 4 terminal is an ACE9000 KBD taking a key token.
AMPY seem to have changed over to SMS to credit their new meters!

F6354_01_46145_full.jpg
[/img]

http://www.actaris.com/html/index.php?module=actaris&func=viewmedia&idmp=2237

Thanks newboy for getting bacck to me.Good to know.

I actually got out my torch for a change and had a good poke around - one of the flats defo had no off peak but the other was a key meter with extra 'tails' for the off peak. It didn't look like that though! Traced the lack of heating to another problem - huge number of client's towels shoved in fuse board cupboard knocking off mcbs!

:rolleyes:

Traced the lack of heating to another problem - huge number of client's towels shoved in fuse board cupboard knocking off mcbs!

:rolleyes:

:LOL: :LOL:

JohnD has come up with a good soloution for this. I'm sure he'll show you the pictures if you ask nicely

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back