Keyless entry.

DP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How does one protect a car with above option from getting stolen

Sponsored Links
Store the key, in an RF proof container, when not in actual use - a metal box, or a made for the job RF proof pouch.

• Thanks
Reactions: DP
You normally have a button to press or a contact to touch to lock the car. You have to use the front doors only, some times the hatch will also unlock all doors.
If alarmed indication works when you lock the car all is well and good. We normally check the back doors are locked when we leave the car.

Edit:- On our Honda the the key has buttons to Lock/Unlock the doors as per cars with remote lock/unlock function.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Store the key, in an RF proof container, when not in actual use - a metal box, or a made for the job RF proof pouch.
I agree. Do carry the key in a RFDI pouch when away from the car - especially when at home.
if you are really concerned then also move the ODB port. Our car has a dummy one in where you move the real one from!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
How does one protect a car with above option from getting stolen
Newer cars tend to have keys that go to sleep and stop communicating if they are not moving for a while, on a hook or in a drawer.

• Thanks
What car do you have - you can permanently disable the keyless entry on some vehicles.

• Thanks
I wouldn't have keyless entry again, I was always checking where the key was. The old fashioned system suits me fine, it's either in the ignition, or in my pocket.

Stored in metal box already
You normally have a button to press or a contact to touch to lock the car. You have to use the front doors only, some time the hatch orbit as well to unlock all doors.
If alarmed indication works when you lock the car all is well and good. We normally check the back doors are locked when we leave the car.
Touching the door handle locks and unlocks the car
Newer cars tend to have keys that go to sleep and stop communicating if they are not moving for a while, on a hook or in a drawer.
16 plate
What car do you have - you can permanently disable the keyless entry on some vehicles.
Lexus NX

My toyota send the phone app a message if it is not locked.
I get to work on a few. park them up after I've finished, so no app to check anything.

I have to walk away to put key away, then walk back to car to check its locked. Must be really awkward if you have this system and don't have that app for whatever reason.

Sponsored Links
Back