KICK THEM OUT

Freddie said:
Well whatever the truth---if you are an illegal in any country you can have no rights

You still have your human rights, the most fundamental of which is the right to life. Justice needs to seen to be done, but arguments along the lines of well they shoot kids in Brazil simply bring us down to that level. I do agree however that , if his visa had expired, he shouldn't have been here, but that doesn't mean that justice doesn't need to be exercised. I do think however the media is making a right meal of it, tragic accident, sorry for the family, enquiry etc, move on.

Sponsored Links
oilman said:
.............at no time was anybody doing anything wrong infact the cops were just doing their job to protect you--they made a mistake--that hapens from time to time and is tragic.

Would your family be so philosophical if you were the victim?

Do you have the evidence he was here illegally?

Here we go again---

I never said he was here illigally i said --if

As regards being philosophical---the law is the law for ALL in that particular country--if you want to cherry pick what applies to who in whatever circumstances then you end up with a pile of poo-- which could explain a lot of things

Eddie M said:
Freddie said:
Well whatever the truth---if you are an illegal in any country you can have no rights

You still have your human rights, the most fundamental of which is the right to life. Justice needs to seen to be done, but arguments along the lines of well they shoot kids in Brazil simply bring us down to that level. I do agree however that , if his visa had expired, he shouldn't have been here, but that doesn't mean that justice doesn't need to be exercised. I do think however the media is making a right meal of it, tragic accident, sorry for the family, enquiry etc, move on.

I am sorry mate if you enter any country and commit a crime of any kind then you have NO rights at all because not only have you abused the courtasy of entering someone elses country against their will you have then decided to stick your fingers up at them and their laws by committing a crime against them.

Go to other countries with your attitude and see where it gets you, just because you may live in Britain does not give you the holier than god attitude of saying what goes on where and when.

Sponsored Links
The reference to the murder fo the street kids in Brasil is relevent. They are being killed by the establishment who should be protecting them. Also, what about the hundreds, possibly thousands, of the 'disappeared'?
It is totally hypocritical of the Brasilian government and the the De Menenzes family to start spouting off about human rights. A case of cleaning up your own back yard, first, I think.

Freddie said:
I am sorry mate if you enter any country and commit a crime of any kind then you have NO rights at all...............

You entered Ireland (legally) you have since probably committed several crimes, one of them being exceeding the speed limits, you therefore have no rights. There is also the question of your woodburner flue, but I'm not sure of the criminal status of building regs in Ireland.

20 January 2005

Many people may be surprised to know that British and American nationals make up the greatest number of overstayers, according to a new report released by Australia's Department of Immigration and Multicultural and Indigenous Affairs.

The report on immigration trends released by Australia's Immigration Minister Amanda Vanstone on January 20 found that on June 30 2004 there were 10,000 Britons and Americans who had overstayed their visas and were in Australia illegally.

these are our kids out traveling, so they've overstayed but how would we feel if the cops shoot them? are they criminals? well yes I spose they are going by some of the posts on here.

freddie said:
But i am talking about entering a country or staying there illegally.

That is not what you said previously, you said
I am sorry mate if you enter any country ...............

No mention of illegally, and you were quick enough to be pedantic when I asked
Would your family be so philosophical if you were the victim?

Do you have the evidence he was here illegally?

To which you replied
Here we go again---

I never said he was here illigally i said --if

Whether or not he was here illegally is irrelevant - In many ways the police have just 'got lucky' that he wasn't British and that this question mark has been raised, as it has deflected much of the anger that would have been felt if this was a British guy who had just returned from a holiday in the Sun that had been shot.

Sure, if you do something illegal in a country then you are subject to the law. There is a penalty for being here illegally, and that's being chucked out. But he wasn't shot for having done anything illegal, he was shot because the police mistakenly believed he was a terrorist.

What we need to know is whether it was the sort of intelligence mistake that anyone could have made in the circumstances, or whether it was just blundering bordering on stupidity - And (given all the conflicting stories that have already emerged) we won't know that until its been investigated properly, but at the end of it we need to know that any police using these powers are using them properly and that 'just anyone' couldn't get shot otherwise they won't have the public support they need.

And lets bear in mind that this family have had their son killed in fairly terrible circumstances - they have every right to feel a bit peeved.

Richardp said:
20 January 2005

Many people may be surprised to know that British and American nationals make up the greatest number of overstayers, according to a new report released by Australia's Department of Immigration and Multicultural and Indigenous Affairs.

The report on immigration trends released by Australia's Immigration Minister Amanda Vanstone on January 20 found that on June 30 2004 there were 10,000 Britons and Americans who had overstayed their visas and were in Australia illegally.

these are our kids out traveling, so they've overstayed but how would we feel if the cops shoot them? are they criminals? well yes I spose they are going by some of the posts on here.

But whatever hapens to them Richard who can complain? they have broken the law-- just as that young Aussie girl who did in Thailand and got life imprisonment---what right has any other country got to meddle with the laws of another?

Oilman, try my 3rd post on this thread which is the one you started quoting and do the rest of us a favour---grow up stop twisting what people especially me put and stop trying to score points.

If i said something wrong then point it out and i will reply i aint gonna keep explaining every single point of my posts just because you dont agree with anything i ever say or want to make some issue of my every post

Here it is for you to pick over again--i count at least 2 if's and a few illegals but i doubt that will be good enough for you.

....................................................................................

Well whatever the truth---if you are an illegal in any country you can have no rights otherwise you make a mockery of the whole system for that country and also should be removed immediatly for the same reason.

The fact that he lost his life in these circumstances is tragic but at no time was anybody doing anything wrong infact the cops were just doing their job to protect you--they made a mistake--that hapens from time to time and is tragic.

His parents shouldnt be allowed in the country and normally wouldnt be here except for the media circus which i think is undermining or trying to undermine the security which we all need and therefore is feeding the hands of terrorist scum.

At the end of the day if he knew he was an illegal then he ran the risk of any fate that befalls illigals and even in this tragic case he or his family cant complain

It's not a case of trying to score points, that's your usual response when you can't accept that your views are questioned.

oilman said:
It's not a case of trying to score points, that's your usual response when you can't accept that your views are questioned.

I dont mind you or anybody questioned my posts, you are entitled too it is a forum, but you either dont read them or try to say i said or didnt say something and that ****'s me off cause when you do that you are calling me a liar

Sponsored Links
Back