Kick in the Teeth

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Carly Burd, from Harlow in Essex, is the creator of the A Meal On Me With Love initiative, which grows fresh fruit and vegetables and distributes them to those struggling with the cost-of-living crisis. The plot was wrecked after salt was poured on to the allotment, prompting an outpouring of sympathy and donations to Ms Burd's online fundraising page after she posted an emotional video on TikTok after discovering the attack.
Describing how she discovered the attack, she said: "I walked in Saturday morning and you could taste it, you could taste it as soon as you came in. "As I walked round the corner I knew what it was straight away and I just couldn't believe it - it was literally like I had been kicked in the face.
Ms Burd had prepared the land and allowed children and their families to plant 300 onions and 300 potatoes, but said everything was "ruined" after the incident.
"Three hundred onions that children had planted - autistic children, children that are having a hard time at school and kids that are out with their granny for the Easter - all of that got ruined," Ms Burd said. "All of the potatoes we planted all got ruined. That would have fed 300 families. So now we have nothing at the moment, which is absolutely horrible. "It has impacted so much more than just that because it's the environment as well. All the worms and everything underneath all got (the salt) and it's destroyed so much."

@ITV.com

Depending on how much salt was poured into the earth, it could take years for anything to grow there again.

Why? For kicks? A larf?

I ****ing hope they catch 'em.

:censored:

Sponsored Links
Shoe boxes for heroes.

I simply cannot understand how nobody ever took it up for real . . . . After we exposed the scam.

Sponsored Links
It's a prime bit of land that I suspect a developer has his eyes on.
The local scum wouldn't have the intelligence to know what salt can do.

A few back handers and there will be a couple of houses on there.

Kerching!!

I'm sure these people who run food charities, food banks, etc do so with the best intentions. However they showed a food bank in some inner city on the news and a long line of what looked like recently arrived (as in not had time to get to Sports Direct yet to get kitted out with latest sportswear/Nikes/chains) third worlders queueing up to get their snouts in the trough. These charities, while well meaning, are encouraging the problem.

...These charities, while well meaning, are encouraging the problem.
I suspect you need to turn your telescope the other way around and take a fresh look at the world...Food Banks and charities are a response to the poverty and inequality brought upon our country by Tory politicians and their corporate chums.

I have to admit, and I'm not proud to say it, my first thought was is this possibly a grift of sorts.

Bod,
I live in the town and we have had 2 possibly 3 fires now where developers wanted to build and all treated as arson, i know of at least one other site in the town that i am surprised has not combusted btw the others were granted pp.

Bod,
I live in the town and we have had 2 possibly 3 fires now where developers wanted to build and all treated as arson, i know of at least one other site in the town that i am surprised has not combusted btw the others were granted pp.
Can you provide a link/quotes?

Sponsored Links
Back