Kill switch doesnt kill engine

ok
For my second question.
The fuel cap did have a hard cork thing in the hole & the top.
Now there is nothing so fuel comes out now & then.

What do you advise i can put in there or what can i do to fix it / stop fuel coming out

Sponsored Links
OK
Need to do this correctly now as turning down tickover stalls the engine.

You start it on the choke (if necessary), turn the choke off and rev it a few times to get the engine warmed up and settled. Once warmed up then the tick-over speed can be set and to a speed just below the speed where the chain is driven.

The clutch is a simple centrifugal type. The bob weights are pulled in by those springs, as the engine is sped up, the weights fly out, stretching the springs, to engage the clutch and drive the chain round.

Best to fit some sort of gasket.....I have some heavy duty 1.5mm thickness gasket material for stuff like this. Cork will do, but not rubber unless it’s synthetic.
Air has to get in, of course and most fuel caps have a tiny hole for this.....the gasket allows the air to get where it’s needed without too much fuel spillage.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for all the help.
Sorry it was long winded but didnt know what the last owner had played with.

Cheers & have a nice day

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back