Petrol Strimmer issue After Small Repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I purchased a repair kit for my McCulloch Strimer as the primer split.
I changed the primer & then replaced the 4 gaskets.

I made sure i replaced like for like & correct way around etc but the strimmer would not start at all.
Even trying a new plug was the same.
So i put the original plug back in & also changed the gaskets back.
Now it started first time no problem on choke.

Switching the choke off kills the trimmer.
With the choke on it bogs down when you rev it.

Never had the issue before i did this work.

Sponsored Links
Your repair kit would have contained two diaphragms and two gaskets.....it's essential that these are placed in the correct orientation i.e diaphragm against the main carburettor body.
Worth a check!
John :)

Hi,

Ive taken it apart again & checked it once again,i might of even fitted one item the other way around because it now starts first pull.

It can run fine when the choke is in the RUN position & can rev ok.

Will not tick over now so by taking it apart can that alter where the tick over screw touches its stop differ ?
Raining hard so will need to look when its stopped.
Thanks

No, dismantling the carb wouldn't alter the position of the idle screw, but the idle mixture may have to be 'tuned' afterwards.
Are there two adjusting mixture screws on the carb side, marked H and L - and if so, did you remove them to clean the drillings beneath them?
The carb still has a fuel supply problem if the machine runs on full choke.
Do you have any pics of the carb or maybe a number stamped on the side?
John :)

Sponsored Links
Hi,
No markings on them but just adjusted them on now running fine.
The initial issue with running on choke has now gone and it now operates on RUN like it should

Many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back