Kilroy-Silk. Mad or right?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Listened to him on the radio the other day and no matter how much i hate his smug guts he did have a couple of valid points over immigration etc. I know we have had that one a thousand times before, but since Mr Howard said his bit a couple of weeks ago it is strange how extreme things are getting. Is this what the public thinks?? The BNP will not do badly at this election if it is what the public thinks!

Sponsored Links
The thing is, you can agree with points made by a politician, without supporting them.

I am sure that I would agree with much of what he says, but I am sure that I would disagree with much too.

Sponsored Links
i worked with him years ago and found him to be very self centred and ruthless to anyone who had a different viewpoint to his, perhaps thats why he's not settled in politics? The fact he wants to do everything his way.
Maybe that's the requirement to be a politicion?

kendor said:
i worked with him years ago and found him to be very self centred and ruthless to anyone who had a different viewpoint to his, perhaps thats why he's not settled in politics? The fact he wants to do everything his way.
Maybe that's the requirement to be a politicion?
Maybe it is. I always thought Margaret Thatcher had that trait and she did particularly well in politics. She stayed within a large political party and was prepared to work her way to the top though. Mr Kilroy-Silk chose not to do that. Maybe if he'd stayed with the Labour Party, he might have achieved what Mrs. Thatcher did within the Tory Party.

Whether considered right or wrong in political views, forceful people are more likely to become leaders. In order to influence which direction a country takes though, I think it's necessary decide what horse to back early on in a political career and stick with it.

AdamW said:
Eddie M said:
Rabid, but possibly right.

Does rabies turn your skin orange then? ;)

I think it brings on multiple organ failure (along with dementia) so if the liver fails, you would get jaundiced so possibly yes! I think I'm on to something here. :D

He did seem to have the 'common touch' when on daytime tv, I suppose he feels that, and it gives him confidence. ...
How many people remember : -
a) The party he joined, and finally left.
b) The 'Obscure grey suited' leader of that party.. Had one of them and the tee shirt --- Eddy-the-egg, got a little more !!.
c) Robert Kilroy Silk himself.
I guess he actually was bigger than the party, at least he is having a go about real issues and not effing pub opening hrs and, come on !! FOX hunting !! Who gives a xxxx for that, out of 60M of us ?

P

Well, I watched the documentary (??) on BBC 3 last night. The whole lot of them were completely barking.

Spent the time trying to decide who was more tangerine, him or his missus...

dont really care about the rest of it
but FOXHUNTING should be banned
and before you all jump in i've got no qualms about putting a 12 guage to a foxes head been there done it
dont see why the animal has to be tortured for hours first :evil:

Half Kev half Plumb -- yep just about cleared the boko ! 60m-0.5 = etc ;)

Think you will find that very few foxes each year get killed by hunts. The shotgun kills more but is not always gauranteed to kill immediately, maims more, so the death is slower.

Sponsored Links
Back