point was jasy
i'd sooner put the gun to its head myself
than see an animal tortured
and thats all it amounts to
some bunch of rich hooray henrys having a day out
my ex wife rides but wouldnt ride with the hunt
one of the few things we agreed on :)

Sponsored Links
The fox hunting issue shows how two faced and cynical the Labour government is and may also be one of the reasons RKS left. As regards UKIP they will do nothing without him. Love him or loathe him, he does say what a lot of people think. Why he does it I don't know,because he can probably afford not to, but I reckon he's sincere. The truth is anybody with an anti view on immigration or Europe is completely disenfranchised in the UK.

I have heard comment about him living in Spain before. I thought he had property in both Spain and the UK like many people do.

jasy said:
Think you will find that very few foxes each year get killed by hunts. The shotgun kills more but is not always gauranteed to kill immediately, maims more, so the death is slower.

Oh, that's what the redcoats (not Butlins) say, but it is wrong. A mate of mine is a very keen hunter. I have been woken up by him in the middle of the night, shooting in the woods round the back of me. But when I asked him about "the hunt" he was disgusted. He is an advocate of hunting with dogs, in that you shoot whatever you are hunting, and your dog runs after it on the offchance it is still alive. But the idea of biting the hell out of a fox seems to rile him somewhat. His approach is, you shoot it, aim your best to kill it, if it is still wriggling about THEN the dog gives it a good biting on the neck. But, trying to kill an animal through bite-wounds alone is cruel.

It is a strange relationship, those who hunt often love animals. They have a great respect for the animals they hunt, and they see great beauty in them. True hunters do not want to cause suffering for their prey. Part of the skill of hunting is killing your prey without causing it suffering. There are chefs in Korea who take great pride in the fact they can butcher a fish so skilfully that the fish doesn't even realise it is missing 90% of its body when put back in the water. Now I can't say the fish are particularly happy about it, but the fact is, a good hunter is so precise that there is no suffering. These red-coats are not hunters, they follow a blood sport. Do they actually EAT the fox? Surely that is what hunting is all about?!

The overweight low-IQ horsey to**ers spoil things for everyone: they make posh people look bad, they make horse-fanciers look bad, they make hunters look bad. Hell, they even make people who like to wear red blazers and white jodpers look bad ;)

Sponsored Links
I'm really pleased to hear a huntsman cheated death as a stag took its revenge on the hunters by knocking him off the horse. He said" It was horrific". Well next time you go hunting, think about what it's like.

They are dangerous beasties too.
Not far from my abode, car hit a deer through the air, it smashed through an oncoming vehicle's windscreen killing the driver ... very sobering.
I have experienced them leaping into road ahead, then unable to gain passage throught opposite hedge, they take off hell for leather, on the road away from one.
I stop immediate, if at night douse headlights, and pray no vehicle is approaching head to head with beasty along the windy lane ... a mo-bike would face disaster ! The hooves have little grip on the road, hence direction change is very poor ........ recipe for disaster !!
P

masona said:
I'm really pleased to hear a huntsman cheated death as a stag took its revenge on the hunters by knocking him off the horse. He said" It was horrific". Well next time you go hunting, think about what it's like.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
not funny but in a realistic sense nice to see the git on the wrong side of the fence ;)

kevplumb said:
point was jasy
i'd sooner put the gun to its head myself
than see an animal tortured
and thats all it amounts to
some bunch of rich hooray henrys having a day out
my ex wife rides but wouldnt ride with the hunt
one of the few things we agreed on :)
Hunt supporters argue that there's been hunting going on for hundreds of years, Well we've stopped bear baiting ,dog fighting, cock fights and witches don't get burnt at the stake anymore (just checking the misses ain't watching over me shoulder!). I don't think we should judge people for hunting but we've set higher standards for ourselves we've moved on.Its not the hunting so much but the fact that they enjoy it that I find disturbing, sorry to have moved away form Kilroy Silk, he lives in spain they do some cruel thing to animals too.

Yep ! they nick their land and homes, to build cheap accomodation for poor Spaniards ... Trouble is the new stuff can be rather large and cost Euro 600k .... Poor Spans my ar se !! ;)

Richardp said:
sorry to have moved away form Kilroy Silk, he lives in spain they do some cruel thing to animals too.
I believe bullfighting has been banned now , when i was over there last year a bullring in Barcelona city centre was boarded up and the guide mentioned the ban.

pipme said:
Yep ! they nick their land and homes, to build cheap accomodation for poor Spaniards ... Trouble is the new stuff can be rather large and cost Euro 600k .... Poor Spans my ar se !! ;)
Lol pip it seems no-one but the english seem to do things the right way in your eyes :) If you open them you may find that we are all not too different from one another.

Open them !! We, doing anything right ? You must be mistaking me for someone else ... Just drawing attention to the fact that we house people they nick property --- But then they ran in the face of the terrorist didn't they ?
P ;)

pipme said:
Open them !! We, doing anything right ? You must be mistaking me for someone else ... Just drawing attention to the fact that we house people they nick property --- But then they ran in the face of the terrorist didn't they ?
P ;)
So what is the cost of Butter?

How did we get on to the subject of terrorism from house prices? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back