Kinda Stuck with Tamper and EOL adding new PIR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Ive wired up a new PIR months ago but never head time to properly get it working and alarming

Ive taken load of photos of my older PIRs as below

NoHsc2r.jpg

UZRszcV.jpg

Then Ive matched the wiring on the new texecom PIR

zYBSpV5.jpg

4Kuk5TN.jpg

However I cant really get the tamper working

From looking at the texecom excel manual the system is set to normally closed operation and so requires the new pir jumper to be set to 10K resistance on alarm side (the PIR) only and there is now no jumper on the tamper side
which I have now done too

Im pressing down the spring and releasing on the PIR however its not alarming yet

Im trying to wire up the cable on the right of this photo (you can tell its the new cable)

1OuLmKc.jpg

The PIR is working in terms of its detecting me when I do the walk test - but I dont know if Im wiring up the white and green cables properly - tried various options but still cant get the tamper to work when im pressing down on that PIR spring

Is there a proper way to test the tamper???

Thanks all

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
If the panel is set to normally closed you don’t use resistors ! Wire the tamper in series with the others

Its a Veritas Excel?

The jumpers are to select resistors but there isn't a 10K option or a 22k option.

If the Excel panel is modern, then there is an option to select 4k7 and 2k2 like Texecom premier, however last time I checked you needed an LED keypad to program it.

however you have wired alarm pair and tamper pair which is double pole, as far as the panel is concerned its normally closed from the alarm pair to the zone and the tamper in series for the global tamper and looking at the screen shot that's how its set up.

Sponsored Links
Take one if the green wires out of tamper in the panel connect the white wire from the new pir to it ....and put the green from the pir in the spare terminal where you took it out !

Yes its a veritas excel - been in about 10-11 years now

When I looked at the remote keyfob miscellaneous option 3 i think it was and when i pressed and held 2 it says normally closed was enabled

How do you test the tamper - i it just depress it for a bit and release??

if in engineering then go to a walk test non latching, you can hold the tamper in and relase should see it changing.

that is assuming you have wired it in.

Ok wired the white wire from the pir to the green wire direct from the tamper on the panel itself then put the green from the new pir wire to the panel tamper where the original green wire came from

Also removed the jumpers from what i thought was the 10K resistor on the pir - put alarm panel cover back on and pir in place (all covers on) but I have a tamper fault light still on the keypad - damn thing

No still have the tamper light....does it make any difference that I used a small terminal block to connect in the panel???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back