Kinspan foam fire hazard?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys

Does anyone know if I can put in downlights into a void with Kingspan foam insulation? The void can't be accessed from above and so can't have fire hoods installed.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I would probably avoid at all costs putting in halogens. As said many times here, Intumescent fire hoods are not designed to be used as fire protection. These fittings need space. Why not go for high light output GU10 LED fittings. I have them in my extension and they are quite bright actually.

the one problem i see with using LED or CFL GU10s in a situation like this is that they could easilly get swapped for halogens at a later date.

Not while I live here they wont. If LED fittings were left on 24/7 they would still last 3 or 4 years without the need to change them. I just dont like Halogens in ceilings. IMHO I think they are dangerous if fitted by people who do not understand the dangers.

Sponsored Links
Fire hoods may be installed from below.

You should make allowances when building to ensure the insulation material is not where the lights will be - box it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back