Kit to get up on the roof.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I want to take down a couple of unused tv aerials from the roof. Both are on (different) chimney stacks.

Obviously I want to do this safely so what gear/ladders/harnesses do I need. Can the equip be hired ?

I have done a bit of rock climbing in the past so heights don't bother me, I am not that fussed about falling - it's the landing that scares the s**t out me !
:LOL:
thanks

Lee

Sponsored Links
You will need a ladder that will reach safely over the guttering and then a Roof Ladder which you wheel up the roof and then flip over so it hooks over the ridge . Just make sure somebody is holding the ladder you are stood on when you are pulling the Roof Ladder up because they can be awkward to handle as the weight shifts when they pivot over the gutter as you pull them up. Both can be hired from HSS etc...

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?i.../images?q=roof+ladder&svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&sa=G

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back