Kitchen and part P

Ban,
were you reffering to your previous 1, 2, 3 & 4 or Mine ?.
The point I was trying to make was that overheads have increased because
A/ There are certain items tyhat are the sole result of Part P
B/ They are certain items that we were obliged to do prior Part P but Part P may have increased the cost of those items to some extent
C/ BS 7671 is still not mandatory, however Part P has increased the need to comply & made it more effective I think.(Actually I wish it was mandatory and like many others I have been striving to acheive compliance for years ). So some might claim an increase in overheads is justifiable.
D/ There are certain items that we are more likely to incurr increased costs for (exam courses have gone up because of the bandwagon)
My point was :-
Certain items have increased our costs.
Other items are questionable because it depends what baseline you starting from - example , public liability, many were stuck on £1 million now they need £2 million, personaly I upgraded to £2 million years ago and it only cost me (1 man band and 1 part time employee ) about 14 quid a year extra.
Some had no PL at all and now they discover they must have it (Heck).
Test equipment - some had none, a lot of us had decent test gear but not always to current standards (Guilty I`m afraid).
Some didn`t have Reg book (some of us had last Reg book plus all updates)
See where I`m going ? It`s hard to quantify exactly in all fairness

Sponsored Links
ebee said:
Ban,
were you reffering to your previous 1, 2, 3 & 4 or Mine ?.

Well said:
enzyme said:
Is it just me (a DIYer) who is confused my these new reuglations or is it the so called "proffesionals" as well???? because i have had some many conflicint coments from electricians for work!
Well, 1, 2, 3 & 4 are nothing to do with any new regulations - they're to do with ones which have been in force at least since 2001..
it's probably a good idea to assume that I was replying to enzyme, and therefore his list of items... ;)

Thanks for your coments.

The change that means DIY ers can not do many changes "legaly" in certain zones has not and is still not widley know.

Yes, it is clearly marked in all the DIY shops of the new colours and which new colour to match to which old colour, but nothing is listed that about the Part P.

Sponsored Links
There are no restrictions that prevent DIYers from doing anything, anywhere - did you not read the link I gave in my 1st reply?

And don't forget - the recent changes were just tweaks to the existing legislation, which was passed nearly 2 years ago, and came into force nearly 18 months ago. Surely there must come a time when DIY shops can reasonably assume that people know about the laws that apply to them?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back