Kitchen ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
About 8 years ago I painted the kitchen ceiling of our then new (to us) house with a couple of coats of white matt emulsion. The paint stuck and none has come off, but the finish has always been patchy, with some bits shinier than others. I suspect this was a grease issue. I now want to repaint it, and wondered if any particular paint was recommended to use instead of, or before the matt.

The most common response to this type of query seems to be Zinsser this-that-or-the-other, so I wondered which of their paints in particular, and whether there are alternatives.

Cheers
Richard

Sponsored Links
As long as the existing paint is sound, there shouldn't be any need for a Zinsser product. I would also recommend an acrylic eggshell for kitchen ceilings, rather than matt, but that is up to you.
If you want to go for a Zinsser product, then Perma-White Interior Matt would do the job of covering a patchy ceiling and give the most suitable finish, all in one product. (Allow for 2 coats.)

http://www.zinsseruk.com/product/perma-white-interior/

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back