Kitchen Cooker and Induction Hob Advice Needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am getting my kitchen updated and just want to make sure before I call in any electricians what, if anything, needs to be done to allow us to have the below electric cooker and induction hob.

The house is 6 years old so I'm hoping everything is up to date....but we'll see...

The hob is 7,200 W = http://www.siemens-home.co.uk/our-products/cooking/hobs/EH879SP17E.html

The cooker is 0.79kwh = http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/built-...ectric-oven-stainless-steel-10015802-pdt.html

I have attached the document what came with the 'house' which looks like it contains all the details.

Image: http://postimg.org/image/9mdj7g131/full/

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jamie

Sponsored Links
that 0.79kwh figure for the oven is largely meaningless.

However i have the same one, and it comes equipped with a 13A plug, so its going to be <=3kw.

I am getting my kitchen updated and just want to make sure before I call in any electricians what, if anything, needs to be done to allow us to have the below electric cooker and induction hob.
I don't think anything needs to be done before you call an electrician.

What will need doing after will depend on what you have at the moment.
Both items can be connected to the existing circuit.

Thanks for your response.

At the moment I have the same sort of oven, and a gas hob. I understand they will simply cap off the gas supply pipe, right?

At the moment, I have a cooker switch on the wall (like this: https://www.electricalsupplies.co.u...cooker-control-unit-with-13a-socket-neon.jpeg )

Then, below, inside the cupboard next to the cooker & hob there is a 2 socket plug, which at the moment has the cooker and gas hob plugged into it...
Which obviously, when switching the wall mounted cooker switch off, cuts power to the 2 plugs.

I understand the cooker can be continued to be plugged into this plug....but what about the induction hob? This won't come with a plug will it, and will the electrician simply put a plug on it? Or should it be wired in some other way?

Thanks
Jamie[/url]

Sponsored Links
At the moment I have the same sort of oven, and a gas hob. I understand they will simply cap off the gas supply pipe, right?
Yes.

I understand the cooker can be continued to be plugged into this plug....
The oven, yes.

but what about the induction hob? This won't come with a plug will it, and will the electrician simply put a plug on it? Or should it be wired in some other way?
No, it cannot be fitted with a plug.
Some modification will be needed.
A cooker connection unit could be fitted but two single units (ccu and single socket) cannot be fitted to a double back box - a dual one could be used but this would mean a bit of wall work or-

the electrician could improvise.

that 0.79kwh figure for the oven is largely meaningless.
No it's not - it tells you how much power is needed to reheat an inauthentic pizza, or a pie of which Cut-Me-Own-Throat Dibbler would be proud, etc.

Well it is, because various pizzas can take anything from 5minutes to 25minutes+, and it doesnt specify wether 0.79kwh applies to an asda smart price 9" or a goodfellas deep pan stuffed crust 15". :LOL:

I am getting my kitchen updated and just want to make sure before I call in any electricians what, if anything, needs to be done
You need to get a Gas Safe registered person to disconnect the gas hob.

If it's on a flexible hose with a bayonet connector, have thr bayonet socket removed and the pipe capped - bayonet connectors can leak.

Well it is, because various pizzas can take anything from 5minutes to 25minutes+, and it doesnt specify wether 0.79kwh applies to an asda smart price 9" or a goodfellas deep pan stuffed crust 15". :LOL:
Isn't there a Eurostandard for inauthentic pizzas?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back