kitchen countertop damage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

We've just had a huge dent on the rouned edge of our kitchen countertop, after a fire extinguisher fell from from a shelf. As we live in a student house, out landlord have let us know that if we don't fix it, he'll have to buy a whole new countertop which we'll have to pay for.

I don't think we'll be able to re-laminate it, so I was just wondering if there was any way of fixing it? My initial thought was an edging strip that could cover the edge, even if it's PVC or something different to the actual countertop.

Here's a photo of the damage:

20120222145037.jpg

Sponsored Links
Looks like more than one impact.
Also the wall by the fridge, was that a dropped humus container?

Time to dig deep or lose the deposit.

PS You think that is a dent?

Certainly a new worktop needed there. Absolutely no repair possible. (Not even Paul Daniels ad his remaining fingers could abracadabra that ) ;) ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
Was the fire extinguisher supplied by the landlord? Should it be on a bracket, not a shelf? Is there a bracket provided? Should the landlord provide brackets if he is providing extinguishers?

Thus, is the damage actually YOUR fault? ;)

Was the fire extinguisher supplied by the landlord?
Probably
Should it be on a bracket, not a shelf?
Not really, depends on the make

Is there a bracket provided?
If it was, why was it not used?
Should the landlord provide brackets if he is providing extinguishers?
As above it depends

Thus, is the damage actually YOUR fault? ;)
Probably

looks like youve chewed that after 1 too many shandies,as others its fooked.
new 1 required.
is it a straight or does it have a masons mitre return?or is there a sink cutout?
if so the cost is going to be a GREAT DEAL MORE.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back