Kitchen worktop wearing away underneath! - HELP

How much is 30% of the worktop? If they sourced a cheap worktop then 30% might be only £30-50 - a new worktop might be better if you are concerned about it getting worse...

Sponsored Links
its £140 theyve offered. Im not sure how much worse it will get , its not visible unless you look underneath but its an imperfection which is annoying. they didnt say why it happened so none the wiser. Does colorfill work the same way as a wood filler?

its £140 theyve offered. Im not sure how much worse it will get , its not visible unless you look underneath but its an imperfection which is annoying. they didnt say why it happened so none the wiser. Does colorfill work the same way as a wood filler?

It will get much worse given time. If Wren fitted it, get them to replace and install it at their cost. They are trying it on with the offer, pointing out about the upheaval to put you off having it replaced. A days work should see it replaced, so get them to do it at your convenience.

Sponsored Links
but Wren didn't fit the kitchen I had someone else do it. id have to pay to get them back surely?

No colourfill isn't wood filler, like i said you can give them the worktop colour and you can get a colour match for it. Isn't there sharp edges where its torn/ cracked? Its cheaper for them to offer you that money as get someone out there and replace them.

ahh right, in that case why didnt the fitter check and spot it.

but Wren didn't fit the kitchen I had someone else do it. id have to pay to get them back surely?

Was this 'someone' a company whom you employed to buy and fit the kitchen? If so your complaint is against that company and the entire cost they should pay.

If you bought the kitchen for them to fit, then you would have to pay them a second time. If it were me, I would expect to redo it at a lower than normal labour cost, as a good will gesture.

Talk to the fitter, see what he has to say about it. It depends what trouble you want to go to. If Wren provides a (one) new worktop can the joint be remade (maybe not if its glued) and will he do it for nothing as he might have missed it.
If possible you want both worktops replacing from Wren but see what they are offering - find out what the fitter says as well. Like i say if hes glued the joint which he probably has done, then it will probably destroy the worktop taking it apart

he didn't glue any joints on it. it's under the edge of the worktop. Wren did all the edges as they precut the worktop. I don't think its worth the hassle and take the cash especially as u can't notice it from above. I just want a product to cover it and blend it in.

That's a "one-pack" filler. What you need is a two pack filler where the hardener needs to be moved with the filler. Far harder (once set), more durable and waterproof. If not visible (it is on the underside, after all) even P40 car body filler would be good

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back