Kitchen design

BOC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not quite a DIY disaster, more of a 'Kitchen Designer c**k-up'

I quoted on a job to extend and fit a kitchen by converting half of the adjoining garage. After accepting the quote, and having spent time discussing the conversion with the local district surveyor, the clients kindly called to say they had bought a kitchen from Wickes :evil: but could I have a look at the design. I said I would, only because there was the possibility of other work.

When I arrived the clients explained that they no longer wanted to extend into the garage because the kind lady from Wickes had said they could have a narrow range of units on the wall between the kitchen and the garage thus saving space. I was bemused as the design picture showed a built-in oven on the dividing wall "Oh, said the clients, the designer said the fitters would knock a hole though the wall between the kitchen and the garage to stick the back of the oven through" :eek:

I told them to phone the local DS, who put them straight - they cancelled the Wickes kitchen.

Did they give me the work...........

No - hubbie went out and spent the money on a Jag!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back