Kitchen-Diner, is all work notifiable?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, maybe a daft question but what the heck!

I have a kitchen / dining room, half the room is kitchen and the other half is a dining area, originally two small rooms opened up into one. I've had the kitchen sockets and cooker wired up by a qualified electrician and BC has been informed with compliance sign off etc so all OK on that front.

Now, if I want to replace a single gang socket that's over on the dining area from a plastic MK to a metal single gang socket one to match the others in the kitchen area is it still something that needs notifying and done by a qualified electrician?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hi, thanks for that.... I've just been reading up the Part P factsheet and see that replacing like for like damaged accessory is OK to do, which I had assumed was not the case.

edited

Hi, thanks for that.... I've just been reading up the Part P factsheet and see that replacing like for like damaged accessory is OK to do, which I had assumed was not the case.
For future reference ... since changes in April 2013, very little electrical work remains notifiable in England (but not Wales) - essentially just (1) replacement of a Consumer Unit, (2) installation of a new circuit or (3) certain work in the specified 'zones' of a bathroom. Anything other than that is now non-notifiable (in England).

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back