Kitchen electrics alterations

I find the so called sparks saying they have to replace RCDs or even entire fuseboards before they will make very minor changes, rather tiresome.
Indeed.

However, it's very unusual today to see any electrician talking about "fuseboards"
the only organisations gaining from the too frequently changing regs are principally the manufacturers selling equipment , followed by the training companies, the IET book sales and the CPS’s ...
... and, of course, in cases like the changing of RCDs, the pockets of electricians who do the replacing - which very probably make a greater 'gain'than any of the organisations you menion.
i too have found it difficult to secure absolute clarity on the matter and from I see in the field most people just see a RCD and crack on ……. i suspect it’s been left very ambiguous so that nobody can be criticised
Maybe, but I'm sure there must be a lot more information and hard data out there that I haven't yet managed to find

Sponsored Links
Indeed.

However, it's very unusual today to see any electrician talking about "fuseboards"

... and, of course, in cases like the changing of RCDs, the pockets of electricians who do the replacing - which very probably make a greater 'gain'than any of the organisations you menion.

Maybe, but I'm sure there must be a lot more information and hard data out there that I haven't yet managed to find

Fuseboards are what most homeowners know them as , some need to be asked about their switch panels ........ consumer units if you want to be picky

All those organisations gain from the too frequent changes in the regs especially the manufacturers

Ditto - I've had a good look too but its not easy to find much - so why is this then?

Fuseboards are what most homeowners know them as , some need to be asked about their switch panels ........ consumer units if you want to be picky
All true, but my comment stands.
All those organisations gain from the too frequent changes in the regs especially the manufacturers
Agreed - but, as I said, electricians often benefit most, sometimes more than any of the organisations. SPDs are, in my opinion, a particularly bad example.
Ditto - I've had a good look too but its not easy to find much - so why is this then?
Who knows. maybe neither of us are all that good at finding the information. Mind you, I've often asked here (and similar places) without anyone being able to help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back