Kitchen door hinges

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've bought a box of standard GTV kitchen door hinges to replace the hinges in my cabinets which have started to fail.

The new hinges have come with larger Blum dowel screws. My cabinets do not have the holes for these, and currently old hinges fitted with normal counter sunk wood screws.

Is it ok to just reuse the wood screws for my new hinges, or should I change to a larger pan head screw type which will locate better in the hinge?

Sponsored Links
It’s not ideal, the hinge plates have larger holes for 5mm Euro screws and the extra play might allow the plates to sit twisted.

maybe you could use some 4mm csk screws - which wouldn’t have much or any play in the plate but will screw into the existing hole.

Thanks, was thinking of buying a bag of 4 x20mm wood screws with flat pan head like the dowel screws. Think these would sit better in the slot.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back