Kitchen double door hinge for base unit

CBW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good afternoon,

I have some Blum hinges on a double door on a base unit. The hinge has sheared again! Utter crap really as this is the 2nd time it’s happened, Blum sent out replacements foc last time as they’d only been in approx 2 years. I know i need a replacement but unsure what it’s called, any ideas? I’ve looked up double hinges to no avail.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Any pics?

Adding another hinge could reduce the loading a bit (may need a 35mm hinge cutter bit)?

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Any pics?

Adding another hinge could reduce the loading a bit (may need a 35mm hinge cutter bit)?
I’ll try and get one later. The hinge is already there, it just sheared down the center, wouldn’t recommend Blum, unless it’s the door?

Photos of damaged hinge, thanks

Attachments

• C4828087-6CD2-488E-BC2B-221AC7B09EDC.jpeg
    C4828087-6CD2-488E-BC2B-221AC7B09EDC.jpeg
    544.9 KB · Views: 51
  • 8C4FBD53-086B-41BF-A965-D2017F688DED.jpeg
    8C4FBD53-086B-41BF-A965-D2017F688DED.jpeg
    417.1 KB · Views: 53
Sponsored Links
Try "Corner Cabinet Door Hinge".
In images of these hinges on the internet, I don't see many being mounted so close to the edge of the door.
If it were fully embedded within the wood, there would be a lot less strain on the bracket.

I don't know what others think, but you may have to mount a slightly different style of hinge in a new location, or add another hinge to lessen the strain.
Both options would require a 35mm hinge cutter.

• Thanks
Yeah, thanks, but I don’t intend on staying in the house much longer, so just need new hinges. Just wondered if it was known poor quality hinges?

I havent had any corner cabinets, but I've never had an issue with Blum's standard hinges.

...and you may want to avoid getting a replacement from Screwfix - a tad pricey!

• Thanks
Judging by the damage to hinge and carcass looks like they have had serious leverage applied .
I’m not entirely sure what you mean. The peeling you can see is from water damage.

I’m not entirely sure what you mean. The peeling you can see is from water damage.
Do you have small children? Last time I saw that kind of damage was due to children swinging on them.

Not small children, and my kids know better.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back