Kitchen extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are thinking of a kitchen extension to jazz up our existing kitchen which is 3 by 3 metres and a bit small. The utility room is next to the kitchen so we were thinking of a 5 by 2 metre extension.

what would be the approximate cost ?

thank you

Sponsored Links
With the way prices are at the moment with cost of building materials, and builders almost with a licence to charge whatever they like it's changing very quickly and estimates on here aren't going to be worthwhile.

You'd need an architect, so a builder can price from the plans.

An architect should also be able to give you a rough estimate of cost from their plans.

With the way prices are at the moment with cost of building materials, and builders almost with a licence to charge whatever they like it's changing very quickly and estimates on here aren't going to be worthwhile.
I don't think it's got anything to do with costs, builders, Covid, Brexit, Boris, climate change or anything like that.

But is anyone can give even an accurate near guess based on the OP's post, I'll go and build it myself and buy all the stuff!* (y) Hopefully the OP does not live on the 5th floor, or in Warwick Castle :cautious:

*T&C's apply

We are thinking of a kitchen extension to jazz up our existing kitchen which is 3 by 3 metres and a bit small. The utility room is next to the kitchen so we were thinking of a 5 by 2 metre extension.

what would be the approximate cost ?

thank you
£20k+ for the extension and £10-£15k for the fitted kitchen.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
upload_2022-1-5_19-17-52.gif

woody and nosey off to build an extension in treacletown.

£20k+ for the extension and £10-£15k for the fitted kitchen.
The kitchen nearly as much as the building? o_O

How much for the knock through and piled foundations? And does that include the plans and PW agreement? Would a pitched roof cost much more or should they just keep it flat and not bother with the welsh slate?

How much for the knock through and piled foundations? And does that include the plans and PW agreement? Would a pitched roof cost much more or should they just keep it flat and not bother with the welsh slate?
@noseall has to factor in all the trades. He only digs holes.

Have you seen the cost of the latest must-have gadgets lately? Makes a mockery of my hole digging.

I'm wearing my ambiguous hat along with my grey coat, grey shoes and non-descript trousers. I'm forgoing all explicit specifics for 24 hours. New Years and all that.(y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back