Kitchen extractor duct route

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m replacing the extractor fan in my kitchen with a cooker hood which will be placed on an internal wall. There is already a large hole trough the external wall where the old extractor fan went through. It’s positioned in an awkward place so was thinking of running a flexible duct from the extractor and into the ceiling and hoping to then use a rectangular duct and 2 L rectangular to circular connectors and run this down the cavity only by about 20cm and to the existing vent. Was just wondering if this would work okay?

Attachments

• 3AAD42D3-FFA9-4AA7-9808-54D3783C7310.jpeg
    3AAD42D3-FFA9-4AA7-9808-54D3783C7310.jpeg
    366.8 KB · Views: 107
Sponsored Links
Hi,

If that is a loft space above, I would consider taking the extract directly out to a tile/slate vent, or a soffit vent (slightly worse choice!), rather than attempting to slot ducting through a cavity.

Last edited:
Your plan is not sound and would effect performance of the extractor significantly.

Vent the unit directly out the roof.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back