Kitchen floor wood effect; Karndean, Amitico or what?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Replacing an old T&G pine floor with vinyl around units, in a kitchen.

I still would like a wood floor effect that is water resistant.

I have been recommended Kardean or Amtico.

Doing some research, I saw someone said for Amtico you are meant to strip it after laying and apply finishing product on top. And then another coating which has to be redone every 6 months?

Sounds like too much fuss to me to have to recoat every 6 months. Do people actually do this?

Is Karndean/Amtico so much better than laminate flooring?

Recommendations please

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
You don't have to do it every 6 months. They might say that but I do mine every 2 years. It's easy though. You just mop the floor.
There are also alot of other people making LVTs like Polyflor, Mfor, project floors.
Are you getting someone in to do the work?

You don't have to do it every 6 months. They might say that but I do mine every 2 years. It's easy though. You just mop the floor.
There are also alot of other people making LVTs like Polyflor, Mfor, project floors.
Are you getting someone in to do the work?

Yes
Im using a builder to refit the kitchen; he is very good at refurbs. Lovely tiling in my bathroom. Trained in joinery but good at most trades

Wasn't sure whether to get a specilaist for the floor or not

Is that MflorLock any good?

Make sure the floor is tested for any damp? Some old floors don't have a damp proof membrane under them.
The click is decent gear but the sub floor needs to be flat or the click can pop out.

Sponsored Links
Make sure the floor is tested for any damp? Some old floors don't have a damp proof membrane under them.
The click is decent gear but the sub floor needs to be flat or the click can pop out.

Thanks for the info.

Damp will not be an issue as its not ground floor.

Not sure how even we will be able to get the floor; its a victorian building. The current kitchen units are not very level but the installation was terrible. So we'll see when it all comes out.

Does the MflorClick 'feel' like stuck down flooring or somewhere in between roll vinyl and the Mflor ?

Yeah inbetween the 2 I'd say. I'd always go the normal LVT if you can. Glued down you can have patterns and different designs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back