Kitchen fluorescent light problems!

Try turning the switch off now and leave the light off for thirty seconds.

If when you switch the light back on it strikes properly then great, job done.

If not then you do need a new starter, but at least we now know it's nothing more serious than that.

Thanks.

Looks like a temp fix. After switching off, and on again, it struggles to light up for first few seconds, before light up. I only bought the current starter about 5/6 weeks ago.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the starter is dodgy then. What make is it? Philips and BG are good brands. My ex hardware corner shop sold cheap unbranded starters and they just didnt work at all.

Sounds like the starter is dodgy then. What make is it? Philips and BG are good brands. My ex hardware corner shop sold cheap unbranded starters and they just didnt work at all.

Thanks for your reply.

Just got a new one but the same make as the last one. It's called 'Selector IC' or something along that line, as the logo is hard to read.

After I inserted the new one, it came back to life. Next time, when it gives me trouble I know which make to go for.

Sponsored Links
Are you sure about that? Why on earth would anyone want to buy one of those fittings?

Yeah it'll be desinged for slim tubes then. They stopped making fittings that take fat ones about 30 years ago..

CEF WFS WILTS till sell them to order.

Update. Guess what happend? that has now gone, so have to replace. Can't understand why it lasted a few weeks. The original one fitted by the housing assc, lasted for several years before it packed up, and ever since I've been replacing them every few months. I'm sick off it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back