Kitchen grid switches - Why?

I'm actually looking for tips on planing a kitchen not bringing up children (been there and done that)
OK.

Grid switches are grand - they look a lot better than a row of FCUs or 20A plate switches which are the alternative once you've decided that you'd rather not have to crouch down and rummage through pots and pans and tins of beans and blimey-how-long-have-we-had-this-soup to get to a socket.

I advise placing them where they won't get mistaken for light switches and where those not responsible enough to be allowed unsupervised use of them won't be able to reach them.

Sponsored Links
Look at these lovely switches in my brothers kitchen

3Ggrid.jpg

IMGP3595.jpg

I take it he knew in advance that those faceplates would always have greasy fingermarks on them, and that was the look he wanted?

Sponsored Links
from my understanding these grid switches are rated at 20A so could be unsuitable for ring mains as these are usually protected by 32A MCB

Sockets are rated at 13A, but they're wired to 32A MCB's.

Thanks to you all for your help and opinions on this (not forgetting the light entertainment)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back