Kitchen install advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i'm currently in the process of installing a new kitchen into my very un-square house.

I would like some advice on how to place my base cabinets best because of the un-square walls.

I have built all the cabinets and put them roughly where they will be, but this shows how un-square the walls really are.

The plan is to cut down the back of the units circled so the L shape looks closer to being square. ( See link below)

Any advice or suggestions about how to tackle a un-square room?

P.S.

I'm having the worktops cut and installed by a proffesional and i don't want to screw it up for the guy when he comes to do it.

Sorry for the rubbish drawring but I think it gets my point across.

Thanks

//www.diynot.com/network/Boltos1/albums/

Sponsored Links
i'm currently in the process of installing a new kitchen into my very un-square house.

I would like some advice on how to place my base cabinets best because of the un-square walls.

I have built all the cabinets and put them roughly where they will be, but this shows how un-square the walls really are.

The plan is to cut down the back of the units circled so the L shape looks closer to being square. ( See link below)

P.S.

I'm having the worktops cut and installed by a proffesional and i don't want to screw it up for the guy when he comes to do it.

Thanks

//www.diynot.com/network/Boltos1/albums/[/QUOTE]

Any measurements available?

Sponsored Links
Fit flush to both walls the worktop mitre can be cut to accommodate the angle.

P.S.

Thanks
mypic_1270143990.jpg

//www.diynot.com/network/Boltos1/albums/[/QUOTE]

Would be good to see some pics as well?

Our kitchen is also unsquare. It is more subtle than yours but it does mean that some worktops cannot be completely square. Our floor is also nothing like level - but that is another matter!

I accepted the unsquareness rather than trying to hide it. Then I decided which worktops I preferred to be square and made the others fit. I think I chose the 'main' ones to be square and the others not.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back