Kitchen Lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I removed a baluster light out of my kitchen and replaced it with recess lights. All the lights in the kitchen operated off two seperate switches. All the lights off switch B work as planned, but switch A is giving me the blues. Switch a had one baluster light in the center of the kitchen. When I wired the lights nothing happened. So I bought a test kit. When the power is on the hot wire(black) is reading 119-121 volts, and 0 volts on the neutral(white). But when the power is off I get current readings from 70-117 from the neutral(white) wire... All the electrical was pre-existing, so what sould I do to fix this problem?

Sponsored Links
what sould I do to fix this problem?
The first thing you should do is to go and buy a book called "an atlas", which covers the entire "world", which is the technical name for the planet we live on.

It will have a title containing the phrase "world atlas", or "atlas of the world". Many different ones are available from many publishers, at all sorts of prices, so I'm sure you'll be able to find one that matches your budget.

When you get it home, open it up.

You will find pages and pages of things called "maps", which are basically diagrams of the different "countries" in the world.

A country is a geographical region considered to be the physical territory of a sovereign state, or of a smaller, or former, political division within a geographical region. Usually, but not always, a country coincides with a sovereign territory and is associated with a state, nation or government.

You will be amazed to discover that the USA is only one of hundreds of different countries, not the only one there is.

When you have understood this concept, go and find an electrical advice forum which covers your country, not one which covers a country which is not yours, and ask there.

Sponsored Links
Aah, so that's what George W Bush does in his twilight years.

Hope Al Kayeedargh have his ZIP code, or his IP address ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back