Kitchen pipework - Potential issues?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

About to start complete kitchen refurb. Currently all pipework is in corner of kitchen and very old. This includes a T to outside tap and slightly leaky T to downstairs loo.

All this will be enclosed by a corner cupboard (making access very difficult).

My question is, would I be wise to move all this to under the sink so that there are the minimum number of connections (potential leaks) in the corner area (which is very hard to access once corner cupboard fitted)? It would be quite easy for me to run feeds from under sink to the WC and also a new feed to outside tap (with non-return and isolation valves, neither of which are currently fitted?).

Here are a couple of pics, ignore temporary speed fit bodge.

IMG_4090.jpg IMG_4091.jpg

Cheers,

Dan

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Thanks, thought so.

Another question. Is it better to put all the pipes on the wall behind the sink cupboard or to mount them inside the cabinet on the back board (about 8mm thick board)? I’m tempted for simplicity/ strength to fix them to the wall behind and lose the back panel in the sink cupboard?

Thanks for your help,

Dan

If you want to be really neat then I would put all pipework on the back wall... properly clipped etc and make the backboard removable, using furniture blocks etc, with nice neat holes in it for any pipes that come through to the sink unit. You can also leave holes to access any isolators that you’re putting in... for the outside tap, cloakroom etc... these can also be covered up by a carefully scribed piece of white-faced hardboard, in front of the backboard, that can just be pulled out when access is required.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back