Kitchen Project :: Finished! (well nearly)

Which bit?

The socket next to the radiator? If so, yes, its not live. Just need to fill it in.

Sponsored Links
No, the cables which may be running outside of safe zones.

Although looking at the picture closer, they may well all be in the safe zones, barely.

The wiring is fine.

I've got it all running back to a bit of bell wire which I just pushed into the holes of a socket in the cupboard upstairs.

Just to be sure it was well earthed I wrapped the earth wire round the speed-fit under the sink. Well it is connected to the copper....

The wiring is fine.

I've got it all running back to a bit of bell wire which I just pushed into the holes of a socket in the cupboard upstairs.

Just to be sure it was well earthed I wrapped the earth wire round the speed-fit under the sink. Well it is connected to the copper....

Hilarious.

Sponsored Links
The wiring is fine.

lol. Kitchen looks great though ;)

Those LED plinth lights are actually decking lights from B&Q.

They come 10 in a box however you can run 20 from one transformer.

The strange thing was the B&Q plinth lights where EXACTLY the same as the decking lights albeit in a different box.

HOWEVER. The plinth lights were something like £50 a pack and the decking lights were £10!

I used a special metal drill bit for the holes and then as they are inserted into aluminium rather than wood they're a bit loosed so secured them with a dab of hot melt glue.

Very nice.

Although if those vertical radiators are the ones from B&Q, they're notorious for not giving even heat distribution.

Tell me about it. I'm actually considering returning it.

Although my plumber friend has suggested connecting the inlet / outlet to top / bottom to see if it will improve the circulation.

Can you suggest a similar looking rad with good output?

Ack! Wish I could.

We've got two of them (eight panel version, rather than six) and neither operate in an acceptable way. They worked when they were first installed - absolutely blistering, yet controlled heat - but they've gradually become colder on one side (typically in the centre of one or two of the panels).

We've had ours rads flushed twice, reversed the flow, had the entire system power cleaned, etc. Nothing's worked as a permanent solution. When we had it drained, we noticed that one of the panels retained water in it (sloshing around as we moved the empty radiator). Fact is, the apertures that connect the panels to the main top and bottom bars are far too tight and prone to blocking with CH detritus. A couple of other people have reported this issue with these models.

My only suggestion would be to go for a rad that did not have this design flaw - something chunky. Alas, we haven't allowed ourselves to test this theory with a replacement purchase.

Looks really good, the overall look is very similar to my kitchen I did last year. The tiles look the same as well, 60x60 polished porcelin from Topps Tiles? any good tips on how to clean the tiles? We have found the only way is to mop the floor and dry with a towel. Having the underfloor heating on makes the job ten times harder because it dries so fast.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back