Kitchen regs, heat alarm + ventilation

26 Sep 2009
Reaction score
United Kingdom
I am currently renovating my house which consists of an extension and then creating a new kitchen.

I have heard that I might need a heat alarm in the kitchen.

I have a Yale wireless alarm which also has the addition of wireless smoke detectors. If I need to put a heat alarm in the kitchen, can I just get a hard wired one, and then put my wireless smoke alarms in the lower and upper hall, or do I need an all hard wired system?

If I need all hard wired, what are my options for heat and smoke detection for regs purposes.

Secondly, I have existing double glazing c. 25 years old with no trickle vents. I am adding bi-fold doors to the entire extension rear elevation, and two Veluxes to a pitched roof part. The question is will regs accept the trickle vents on the Veluxes only, or will I need additional vents in my bi-fold doors, or a mechanical electric extractor fan? The entire downstairs open space is about 6 x 5m
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local