Kitchen - reno - Double Sink (dishwasher & Washing Mach) NO TRAP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm hoping that someone can help me resolve this problem DIY.

I recently had the kitchen renovated and the guys did everything..demo..rebuild...fitting & plumbing.

Problem is that they have not fitted a trap (see 1st pic) and the smell coming back up the sink is dreadful.

I have bought the (see 2nd pic) low profile trap for double basin but not sure how to configure to fit all other components in.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

PS not sure why pic of trap duplicated...I only have 1 trap.

Chris
sink.jpg
Low Profile Trap.jpg
Low Profile Trap.jpg

Sponsored Links
Unbelievable! I would tell them they either come back and sort that out properly, at their own expense, or you'll get a plumber in who knows what their doing, and send the original clowns the bill. I have seen some bodged up sink wastes, but that is by far the worst I have seen in a long time! You'll get the contents of the sink going back into the washing machine and dishwasher with that arrangement, didn't you notice them turn up on horseback?

It needs starting again. I'd fit one of these on each bowl, http://www.screwfix.com/p/floplast-sink-washing-machine-trap-white-40mm/12794 then common the two in correctly onto the waste pipe going out the back of the cupboard. Throw that affair you've got in the second pic, in the bin.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back