Kitchen Ring Main

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I am planning to instal a new ring main for the kitchen, but I don't have a spare supply from the exsisting consumer unit, this does however have a dedicated radial for the cooker.
So my question is will I have to instal a 2-way consumer unit ? I intend to instal four double sockets to feed appliances such as a washing machine, fridge freezer, kettle, ect, so will this ring main circuit be sufficient to cope with these appliances ? Any advise would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
less hassle to have the current (no punn intended) consumers unit changed (that waay you can have "spare" for later expansion)

Thanks Breezer for your quick reply. I guess I better go out and buy a consumer unit then, and then call in an Electrician to connect the tails up.

i should call the electrician first, its a possibility that he will say xyz brand that you have is no good, i will not touch it.

having said that you cant go wrong with MK

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
having said that you cant go wrong with MK
cu01.jpg

is that fuse wire hung up next to the CU for old times sake? :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back