kitchen Ring main

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
in my new house we happen to have more spurs than sockets on the kitchen ring main. Is this breach of regulations?

Should we have been given any documentation with the house? as we havn't recieved any!

Sponsored Links
Chris, have you confirmed that these are Spurs off the ring, spurs off spurs, or spurs on seperate circuits?

Remember that some "spurs" will be FCU controlled sockets for under unit appliances.

However, if they are spurs from the ring, they should match the number of sockets, unless they are fed via a FCU, then there is no limit in the Regs :confused:

there are several 20amp switches onthe ring main that controll sigle sockets below the worktop. None of them run via an FCU!

There is also a double socket that is spurred.

Can anyone quote me the reg baning more spurs than sockets?

replacing the 20A switches with FCUs is probablly the easiest way to bring it into complinace

Sponsored Links
plugwash said:
replacing the 20A switches with FCUs is probablly the easiest way to bring it into complinace

Bang on there Plug. That is all you need do Chris and you will be OK.

The spured double..if it is on it's own from a socket on the ring then I wouldn't worry about it, just don't use it for two high load appliances.

well i'd like to see what the electrician who installed it says! lol

Also should i have an inspection certificate with my new house?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back