KITCHEN SINK DRAINAGE BOARD WATER GOING ALL OVER FLOOR...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
WE'VE JUST MOVED INTO THIS PROPERTY, AND FOUND THAT THE SINK DRAINAGE BOARD HAS NO PIPING TO GET RID OF THE WASTAGE WATER.

SO WHEN WE WASH UP, THE WATER THAT ARE ON THE PLATES ETC, GO ON THE DRAINAGE BOARD, AND THEN ALL OVER THE FLOOR.

THERE IS A SMALL BLACK PIPE, BUT IT'S TOO SMALL TO FIT ON THE HOLES OF THE DRAINAGE BOARD.

COULD ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT I NEED TO PURCHASE THAT FITS THERE THAT WILL THEN FIT ON THE BLACK THING... I ASSUME THATS WHAT IT'S FOR... AN UNFINISHED JOB.

PLEASE SEE PICTURES OF THE CURRENT SITUATION.

Sponsored Links
I'd really appriciate if someone would be able to help on this issue, if they know what the problem is, what i can do, what i'll need to purchase, and how much it is going to cost.

Thanks All @ DIYNot.

You are missing a small plastic rectangular part that receives the black circular part in your picture 1, and then is held up to the draining board with a small screw. There should also be a black rectangular rubber seal to go between the missing plastic part and the draining board.

Without knowing the exact sizes I would guess it is a standard overflow part which you should be able to buy from plumb center/B&Q for a few pounds. I would imagine that you will have to purchase the whole overflow pipe kit and then just use the bits you need from it.

Hugh

You are missing a small plastic rectangular part that receives the black circular part in your picture 1, and then is held up to the draining board with a small screw. There should also be a black rectangular rubber seal to go between the missing plastic part and the draining board.

Without knowing the exact sizes I would guess it is a standard overflow part which you should be able to buy from plumb center/B&Q for a few pounds. I would imagine that you will have to purchase the whole overflow pipe kit and then just use the bits you need from it.

Hugh

Thanks for you're post.. Do you know exactly, what i should ask for?... I've tried searching online, but i can't find answers anywhere... Is it easy to do, or would it be easier to ask a plumber to do it?

Sponsored Links
Something like this might work:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Caple-Chrome-...SinksTaps_GL&hash=item19bd23cba1#ht_500wt_928

But it very much depends on the size of the drainage grill on your sink. If you can find the right part it really is a matter of one screw to connect it to the draining board.

You basically want the adapter (and rubber seal) that takes you from the circular fitting you have to the rectangular one on your draining board. It would be an item that should have come with the sink (generally)

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Take a picture on your phone and go into plumb centre or even B&Q and show one of the guys there, they should be able to sort you out with the correct kit

That looks as near as darnit. If you buy one of those and it doesn't fit, your only losing £3. In fact if you keep the plastic bag it comes in, take it back and just say you bought it but it's the wrong thing. B&Q will probably refund you.(save the receipt) !!!
But for my money, that looks just like the part you need. ;) ;) ;)

Depending on size it might well be. You need to make sure the overflow pipe is the same diameter as the one currently in there as you will need to use the new overflow pipe due to the way it fits into the rectangular fitting at the top.

Thank-You everyone.
I've reserved the product, for collection tomorrow.
I'll go and collect, and try and fit it, and let you all know.

As you can all see, I'm new here, is there a way of 'Reping' the people that helped... So you get a better score?

'Thanks' for telling me how to 'Thank' people!
I've thank'ed you all :)

Will let you know what the outcome is tomorrow.

Night All.

Just a small and quick update. It worked!

Thanks to everyone that helped!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back