Kitchen Sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.

I got my kitchen sink out of a skip on a new development; It had been thrown away as most of the fixing lugs were broken off. After 10+ years and while changing a tap washer it has come loose.

I'm wondering what to use to stick it back. A friendly plumber recommended Fix All Crystal which seems ideal, however, someone else posed the question what happens if I need to remove the sink at a later date. Otherwise I could use silicone again, but which brand is best value?

Thanks for any advice

Sponsored Links
silicone, i get wickes own brand, its only about £5 and is exactly the same as others that you would pay alot more for.

If you just go for the glue version you could buy, sticks like ****! its very good. and does what its names suggests

Sit it on a bead of Dow Corning clear sealant, cover it with a sheet of cardboard and weigh it down with some bricks or the like.

I normally mask around the sink first so that any excess sealant can be wiped off leaving a tidy seal.

It can easily be removed in the future with a Stanley blade.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back