Kitchen Sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a general question really people, I guess there is no easy way to remove a kitchen sink that has been siliconed into position against the wall ?. No little tricks/tips to make the removal a little easier ? :).

Sponsored Links
You need to slice through the silicone - something like one of those snap off blade utility knives is ideal. Then prise it up with a couple of 1" chisels or similar.

The other thing to try in addition is softening the silicone up using a compound called "Silicone Eater". It works, albeit not brilliantly, but it can help in these situations.

Scrit

For this and an infinite number of other awkward jobs you need a Fein Multimaster.

About £160 for the full kit but you'll never own a more useful tool.

Cheers
Don

Sponsored Links
DonKiddick said:
For this and an infinite number of other awkward jobs you need a Fein Multimaster.

About £160 for the full kit but you'll never own a more useful tool.

Cheers
Don
Of course if money is no object, you could get Scrit in. ;) :LOL:

Cheeky! I was going to suggest using a Fein, but I thought you'd make a tart comment, so...... :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back